Missions Catalyst News Briefs 09.20.17
- USA: Nabeel Qureshi Goes Home
- SOUTH SUDAN: New Radio Station
- MUSLIM WORLD: “Impossible to Plant a Church in a Muslim Country”
- PAKISTAN: VBS Ministry Reaches Thousands
- ETHIOPIA: Church Attacked, Told to Close
This edition gives us a lot to think about when we think of what it means to be the Church. Many point out the Church is not just a building or institution, and I heartily agree. But buildings and institutions can be important tools.
- The Potomac Ministry Network believes that buildings are important, doing fifteen Extreme Church Makeovers since 2010.
- During the recent hurricanes in Texas and Florida, both church buildings and people brought hope to those in the storms’ paths.
- In El Salvador, Christian Science Monitor reports that “for several hundred former gang members, help has come from perhaps an unlikely place: churches.”
- Finally, one of the craziest stories I’ve ever heard, but Snopes says it is true. The year was 1876. Read When God Used a Hurricane to Relocate a Church.