Source: Missiologically Thinking, February 1, 2018
I want to draw your attention to Simon Kemp’s recently posted article, Eleven New People Join Social Media Every Second (and Other Impressive Stats). After reading this article, you need to download the “Digital in 2018” presentation—a massive goldmine of helpful charts and data on 230 countries and territories.
- 3.2 billion people are active social media users
- Average user spends 6 hours per day on the internet
- More than 200 million people got their first mobile device in 2017
- A quarter of a billion people got online for the first time in the last 12 months
- Saudi Arabia is the fastest growing country when it comes to social media users (with India close behind)
May the Lord give us grace today to see the possibilities… and to act on them.
» Also read about a new app designed for the scattered Christians of India (Audio Scripture Ministries, via Mission Network News) and How Facebook’s Big Announcement Can Help Missions (World Venture).