Source: Open Doors, October 2017
Pastor Edward is truly on the front lines of persecution in Syria. His community was destroyed by ISIS and yet, alongside a small group of other believers, he is committed to remaining in the area as a light.
We have a golden opportunity coming up this Sunday [November 5]: the International Day of Prayer (IDOP) for the persecuted church. Believers like Pastor Edward have endured extreme trials this year and they need our mighty prayers.
You can be a part of this battle in prayer against the powers of darkness. There’s never been a time your faithful intercession is needed more.
Here are five key ways that you can take action on IDOP Sunday and stand united with our persecuted brothers and sisters:
- Write a digital letter to a persecuted Christian and remind them they’re not alone.
- Pray for the top 10 countries on the World Watch List.
- Listen to the Daily Prayer Story about real people living in persecution.
- Pray for these five believers imprisoned for their faith.
- Share this meme on your social accounts and ask friends to join you in prayer.
» Full story summarizes each step as well as providing links to learn more. See also The Ripple Effect for additional resources, including a free, interactive study about the persecuted church, sermon outlines, and more.