Indian Christians celebrate Christmas in Saudi Arabia. Image: Open Doors.
In This Issue:
- ARAB WORLD: His First Christmas
- THAILAND: Christian Captives Set Free
- KENYA: “If the Witchdoctor Is Saved, Jesus Is Real”
- SAUDI ARABIA: Christmas in a Closed Country
- MIDDLE EAST: Working Out with Refugees
Don’t you love it when one of your favorite tunes gets rewritten with BETTER lyrics? It seems like heaven gets a hold of it and remakes it in the service of a greater truth. For example:
- Did you know that the original melody of Hark the Herald Angels Sing was considered too somber so a new one was sought? Music written to celebrate the invention of the printing press was dusted off. Voila!
- Everyone knows the Leonard Cohen song “Hallelujah.” Cloverton wrote Christ-focused lyrics that …well, just listen. Wow.
- Finally, a gem I just found (thanks to OMF UK). Check out King’s Kaleidoscope’s All Glory be to Christ. Recognize the tune?